Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do I get lip gloss out of silk blouse?

I am at work and just realized I have smudged lip gloss down the front of my silk blouse. How do I remove it with things I may have at work without ruining the silk?How do I get lip gloss out of silk blouse?
Need to purchase Tide on the go pen. You can keep one at work, in your car so when situations like this arise you are covered. Or you could keep an extra blouse in your car so if this happens again is all you have to do is change. Seeings that the blouse is silk what ever you use at work to remove the stain will leave a mark probably worser then the mark you all ready have on your shirt. Better off to leave it until you get home. Or try to cover up by wearing a sweater or something if possible.How do I get lip gloss out of silk blouse?
Wow, I just answered another question almost identical to this one. It must be a really rough week for silk.





Unfortunately, I would not recommend using anything but a delicate fabric wash. The best you can do is use water and dab it, do not rub it. Anything else may ruin the fabric. You can try to run someplace on a break and get some delicate fabric wash like Woolite or Delicare. Most dollar stores carry their own brands, as well, if that helps. Wet stain and apply a little of the laundry wash. Work in gently and rinse. Hopefully that will remove most of it. Blot dry as best as you can.





When you get home you will have to hand wash the garment with a gentle laundry wash like Woolite of Delicare. Do not use anything else, except a laundry wash specifically designed for silk and other delicate fabrics. I personally use Delicare.





Use only cold water and apply laundry wash to the already wet stain. Work in gently. Follow laundry wash instructions for hand washing. Rinse and wash only in cold water.





Once garment is washed and rinsed, air dry only. Do not put it in the dryer. Once it is completely dry, check to see if stain is gone. If not, repeat washing steps.
solvent based cleaner or dry cleaner

No comments:

Post a Comment